- Learning curve: A low learning curve is desired due to the shortage of time to develop the MVP.
- Scalability: The framework must be highly scalable because the system will change over time to include more functionality.
- Component-based approach: The system will use an orthogonal software design since most of its functional and design elements may be reused..
- Documentation: Extensive documentation is preferred in order to soften the learning curve and help in the future expansions.
- Long-term support: This MVP will be built for the long term, so the technology must prove to be in high or rising demand.
- Adaptability to existing environments: Some of the backend layers run on legacy frameworks which need to continue working until it is migrated to newer technologies.
We considered each of these frameworks and summarized Pros and Cons.
We also conducted an investigation and did some prototyping. The following table summarizes the findings:
React vs Vue vs Pug Comparison